Looking to do an ipad mini 4 install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to do an ipad mini 4 install

Looking to do an ipad mini 4 install in the next 6months. Anyone done it and is there kits other than from Mr Soundman in america?

MCM Did it a while back.

Semi keen to look at this myself shortly.

The end is the beginning

Comment

Comment

Thats pretty cool HamR. I was looking something more built in and to integrate internet with wifi and things like reversing camera and/or dvr camera. Brilliant idea i reckon. All your music and video's in one place as well as satellite tracking for your car and all the app's. really keen on it.

Check out this video of a newer model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKxOvjbkmI

Comment

Does the iPad fit easily in a double DIN or do you need to hack the console?

This message approved by The Monkeys(tm).

Comment

would be close to fitting i think. I havnt got the ipad yet. I know there is a kit you can get off those guys in the vid

Comment

Originally posted by STi_Nick View Post
              would be close to fitting i think. I havnt got the ipad yet. I know there is a kit you can get off those guys in the vid
              If it doesn't, there's nothing wrong with it sitting a little proud of the dash.

This message approved by The Monkeys(tm).

Comment

check google a lot of guys in america on there forums sights did it with google nexus 7 tablets. ipad mini wouldnt be much different . fitting would be easier on a tablet with removable backing plate as you could fit that to stereo bracket with the external amp itting behind it all usb power through existing stereo cables and as far as internet etc a lot o guys set thm up in the boot wifi dongle

Comment

I've had a pretty serious look at a Raspberry PI for this. They have touchscreen modules and even a proper RCA based soundcard available.
                  The end is the beginning

Comment

Working...
                  X